In the following days and months we will know how this disaster may affect the rest of the world. Here I just will write possible consequences:
– nuclear power debate. After what is happening in Fukushima nuclear plants it is obvoius the there will be a debate about nuclear energy. If you add this to the problems we may have as we are running out of petrol the situation is quite worth noticing.
– spare parts. Japan is famous for its automobile industry and its electronic industry. We may have interruptions of supply and I wonder if this may imply high prices.
- Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant (11mar11.wordpress.com)
- WATCH: Explosion At Japanese Fukushima Nuclear Plant (mediaite.com)
- Japan relieved after nuclear meltdown in Fukushima avoided (guardian.co.uk)
- Nuclear Emergency Adds to Japan Disaster Woes – Voice of America (news.google.com)
- Chernobyl Disaster Repeat In Japan Not Expected At Fukushima Nuclear Plant (huffingtonpost.com)
- Daily Benefactor News – Japan’s Fears Of Nuclear Mayhem Recede As Reactor Starts To Cool (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Japan: Explosion at Fukushima nuclear plant; disaster described as most significant accident since Chernobyl (boingboing.net)
- Japan ministers ignored safety warnings over nuclear reactors (guardian.co.uk)
- Dangerous Situation at Japanese Nuclear Reactor (peaceblog.wordpress.com)